Self - Awareness Workshop : 17th and 18th August 2015
In this workshop we look at the following: An introduction into EQ and the Six Seconds EQ KCG Model
- How does emotional intelligence drive performance, leadership and effective decision making and communication?
- The KCG Model: A simple, practical & action orientated model. The K is for Know yourself, The C for Choose yourself and the G is for Give yourself.
- This model covers the 8 competencies that determine What you do, how you do it and why you do it.
Know yourself - Self Awareness, which is the focus of this workshop: Clearly understanding what you feel and do. The competencies of Know yourself will help you see WHAT needs to change and will enable you to use your emotions as data and to recognize your recurring patterns. Without this skill people are blind to the inner forces that drive their decisions and actions; they will be led by unconscious habits rather than operating or leading from a position of clarity.
- Each attendee takes a SEI (Six Seconds EQ test). This is taken prior to the workshop, and is a 20 minute on line Emotional Intelligence Assessment.
- The SEI is the Six Seconds Emotional Intelligence Self - Assessment that focuses on the 8 key fundamentals of EQ which are regarded as the main skills for leadership and life. We have a debrief session during the workshop where each delegate will get a better understanding of their strengths and challenges and look at techniques to develop those further and to improve the more challenging ones. We also look at communication styles through the brain brief profile included in this assessment and how best to optimize your brain style in communicating with others. This is critical to improving relationships and your ability to influence others positively.
- 2 of the 8 competencies are emotional literacy and recognizing patterns which is where we do our most in depth work in this workshop, as these form the foundation for overall EQ growth. The other 6 which we look at more briefly in this workshop are optimism, intrinsic motivation, navigating emotions, consequential thinking, empathy and noble goals (purpose). These are explored in depth in the follow on workshops.
- We use various tools to help delegates understand and develop their EQ and encourage very interactive, open, and honest communication with a bit of fun and laughter in the mix.